This type of Activity allows you to forward incoming SMS to a web service at any URL. You can set up an Activity to either act on all incoming SMS or on SMS containing specified 'keywords'.
You will be prompted to enter the URL for the web service you want to connect to, and the HTTP request method (currently GET, POST or PUT). In addition, you will need to set the parameters that will be passed with each request. The appropriate settings vary according to the API of YOUR web service. Follow the steps below to configure.
Step 1: On the Activities page, click 'Create activity' to get started. On the Activity selector page that opens, click ' Forward to URL' to proceed to the activity builder.
Step 2: Enter the Activity details in the activity builder;
- Enter a name for the Activity.
- Specify whether the Activity should send a message for all incoming SMS or just for those with specified keywords.
- Define the keywords used in the step above.
- Enter the root URL for the web service where the SMS will be pushed.
- Define the HTTP method to do this which can be either GET, POST or PUT. The HTTP method you set here should be whatever is used on your web service to handle the task that you are trying to achieve.
- Define the key value pairs as they will be required to be uploaded into your web service. Each parameter is a key:value pair that means you can define exactly what the Key is so that it matches what is expected at your web service's end. The Value can also be anything as defined, and is also able here to send content from the SMS that triggered the Activity.
- In this section, you can limit the Activity to a specific group which means that only SMS from this group will be uploaded to the web service.
Step 3: Confirm your details and save .The Activity will show on the Activities overview page. THe Activity will be switched ON by default indicated by a green light. You can switch it OFF when not in use.