To get started sending and automating messages within your FrontlineSMS cloud-hosted workspace, you’ll need to do follow the steps below:
1. Get your FrontlineSMS account contacting the FrontlineSMS team. We can get you started very quickly on the right subscription or schedule a demo of the platform with you.
- To access and administrate your FrontlineSMS workspace you'll need some internet access. Your FrontlineSMS workspace is always connected - even if you aren’t. Any automated message activities you create will remain active regardless of your internet connectivity.
- You can even manage your FrontlineSMS project on your smartphone.
2. Now that you have your FrontlineSMS account, you can start to explore more features within your workspace. Read more about our interactive in-app tour using our Mock Phone and Activities.
Some initial areas to get familiar with is the Inbox and learning how to Import your Contacts.
3. However, what will be the most interesting and powerful part is to start looking at the Activities on offer and how automation works. Understanding these is the first step to implementing your project's needs and ideas.
4. Once you have your account and some ideas, you'll need to create a Connection to order to start sending and receiving those SMS messages. This can be done with either an Android phone or an account with a web-based SMS aggregator service. Understand more about this choice in this document.
> Android Phone: If you have an Android phone and are physically based in the country you are messaging (e.g. you live in New York City and your users are in the US); Check out our FrontlineSync docs here.
> SMS Aggregator: If you do not have an Android phone, or are not physically based in the country you are messaging, you’ll may need an SMS aggregator. Learn more about finding and getting started with an aggregator here.
5. Congratulations! Now you can start to send and receive SMS!
If you have questions you can always contact our team at email@example.com.