Before you can start using FrontlineSMS Version 2, you will have to connect and configure a device to use. You can manually add a device or modem if the automatic detection fails or if you have specific setting you want to use for your device as explained below.
Before FrontlineSMS can connect to your device, it needs to know that the device is connected so it can gather all the information it requires to connect to it. We call this device detection.
The first step in connecting a device is making sure your device has been detected. To do this, you need to make sure the device is physically connected to your computer and that its driver software is installed.
For newer Windows machines this should happen when you attach your device to your computer for the first time. If you don’t know how to do this, please consult your device’s operating instructions.
Once the device’s drivers have been installed and the device is detected by your operating system, run FrontlineSMS and follow the below instructions.
- Navigate to the Connections tab and click the 'Add new connection' button
- On the Connection type selector, select 'Phone/Modem' and click 'Next'
- On the screen that appears next, enter the device name and the port type e.g [COM ]for windows, [/dev/ttyUSB0] for Linux and ,[ /dev/cu.HUAWEI-Mobile-Modem/] then click 'Next'.
- Confirm your settings on the screen that appears next.
- Click 'Create' to complete the set up. The new Connection should now appear in your Connection list with a green status light next to it indicating that its working.