Assuming you are in contact with someone who desires to translate FrontlineSMS to a certain language. These are the steps needed to get the translation job done.
- Get a developer to generate the latest translation file. This is done using the script do/i18n/compareFiles
- Submit the file to the volunteer via email.
- When translated file is received from volunteer, forward the file to a support developer.
- Support developer would then have to merge in the translation file using a script that hasn't been built yet. There is a JIRA ticket for this work https://frontlinesms.jira.com/browse/CORE-2974
Issues to think about
- How do we handle multiples translators of the same language?
To complete this process we need this JIRA ticket done by the time the volunteer replies.