Tags provide a means to group related interactions into folders. For example, grouping messages sent out by an Autoreply activity or messages that were sent in by participants of a Poll or Simple Survey.
A message can have multiple Tags associated allowing for even more powerful organisation than folders where an item can only exist in one folder.
Frontline provides 2 ways through which interactions can be tagged. These are :-
- Automated tagging by Activities. Various Activities in Frontline allow for interaction tagging e.g. "Autoreply to SMS" allows one to specify what tag to apply to a message that matches the activity's keywords.
- Manual tagging by a logged in User. Interactions can be tagged manually by a user from the expanded view of an interaction.
In this article we shall talk about manually tagging interactions. For information on tagging interactions using an Activity, please read more in the Activity section.
Managing tags associated with an interaction (e.g. SMS or Missed Call)
- Find your interaction in the Inbox section
- Click to expand and view the details of the interaction (in the case below we have selected an SMS). In the expanded state of the selected interaction, a set of actions to the right are now visible.
- Click on the menu option with the Tag icon as displayed in the image below:
This will reveal a sidebar from which Tags can be added and removed:
Adding tags to an interaction
- Simply enter the name of your Tag in the text field. Multiple tags can be entered by separating them with a comma, space or enter. You will note that the Tags are visually separated as you enter them.
- Click Save. The newly attached Tags will then appear among the Tags associated with the interaction:
Removing tags from an interaction
- From within the sidebar, click on the cross-shaped red icon to the far right of the tag.
- The tag will automatically be disassociated from the interaction and a notification will be displayed.