To get started sending and automating messages within your FrontlineLocal workspace, you’ll need to do follow the steps below:
1. Get a Computer with the following minimum specifications
- CPU : Core i5
- RAM : 8GB
- Hard Drive : 256 GB
2. Install FrontlineLocal on your computer. There are 3 versions of FrontlineLocal available for compatibility with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems. Choose the one that works for you and follow the instructions to install.
- How to install FrontlineLocal on MacOS
- How to install FrontlineLocal on Windows
- How to install FrontlineLocal on Linux
3. Create a Connection to order to start sending and receiving SMS messages. This can be done with either an Android phone or an account with a web-based SMS aggregator service. Understand more about this choice in this document.
> Android Phone: If you have an Android phone and are physically based in the country you are messaging (e.g. you live in New York City and your users are in the US); Connect your Android phone to FrontlineLocal.
> SMS Aggregator: If you do not have an Android phone, or are not physically based in the country you are messaging, you’ll may need an SMS aggregator. Learn more about finding and getting started with an aggregator here.
4. Explore more features within your workspace. Read more about our interactive in-app tour using our Mock Phone and Activities. Some initial areas to get familiar with is the Inbox and learning how to Import your Contacts.
5. However, what will be the most interesting and powerful part is to start looking at the Activities on offer and how automation works. Understanding these is the first step to implementing your project's needs and ideas.
Congratulations! Now you can start to send and receive SMS!